There’s plenty of energy savings programs and energy rebates in Ontario available such as PEAKSaver Plus and Cooling incentives from saveonenergy. That’s right! You can get paid to upgrade you air conditioner in London Ontario. Here are some other energy saving tips to save you money this summer:
- If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, install one and set it ASAP! How do you know if you’re using less energy day by day without a thermostat letting you know what temperature you have your house set at?
- Use your windows to your advantage! It’s nice to let those rays pour in the windows in the summer, but they can heat up your home while you’re not there to enjoy them. Use curtains and blinds when you’re not home, and check that all windows are closed if you have the air conditioning on.
- If you’re not using an air conditioning system, open the windows at night when it’s cool and trap the cool air in during the day. Leaving your windows open when you’re not home is a security risk. Between 10am and 4pm, when the sun is the hottest, close your windows and keep the hot air from pushing the cool air out of your home.
- Seal your windows and doors with weatherstripping to ensure you’re keeping the cool air where you want it. Use V-Strip weather stripping tape that is easy to peel, fold and stick. This will provide an efficient seal to reduce the escape of energy.
- Use an ENERGY STAR ceiling fan to circulate air around your home. Fans are a great tool to push air throughout your house, but can waste energy and rack up electricity bills when they’re left on all day. Buy an energy efficient fan to save money!
- Use energy efficient light bulbs and lighting control products. Timers are your best friend! If you feel like you’re constantly turning lights out after family members have left a room, light timers can be a huge stress-relief; and money saver! Using energy efficient light bulbs is a great way to save money, even when the lights are on.
- Join PEAKSaver Plus! Get a FREE in home energy display as part of the PEAKSaver energy savings propgram. Enrolling is easy and free. Appliances will be remotely activated some time between 12 noon and 7pm for 4 hours.
Join energy savings programs, and use the coupons provided here to make the best of this summer. Think of all the things the money you save can go towards! Energy savings programs in London, Ontario are easy to use, and save more than money– they save the environment as well.
Air Design Services, 39 Enterprise Dr. London, ON, N6N 1A3